What is a restritive covenant?
They “run with the land” binding any current or future buyer of the property to specific land use. In this case, the ability to use the property, which is commercially zoned, for commercial use.
What is a property zone
Zones regulate how parcels of land in an area can be used or developed, i.e., Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Agricultural, etc. This zone is Commercial, i.e. shops, restaurants, etc.
Does a restrictive covenant supersede zoning
Yes, as they operate outside and in addition to municipal zoning bylaws. This restriction prevents commercial use in a commercial zone. This is why we are asking for your cooperation
Why is this restrictive covenant being removed
To ensure the lots be consistent with Commercial zoning under Title 19 of the Longview Municipal Code. This area of CVG4 is now zoned as Commercial, but the covenant restricts the properties to residential use only.
How does this affect me if I live in blocks 16 and 17 off 36th Ave and Ocean Beach Hwy?
- This will release the restrictive covenant of “residential use” from your deed.
- This restriction removal could increase the price of your property.
- Nothing will change that you will not allow.
- We will be recording the removal of the covenant restriction for those in blocks 16 & 17 along and Ocean Beach HWY.
How does this affect me if I live in block 23, 24, 33, and 34?
This will not directly affect you. You are simply signing to say that you do not mind that this restriction is moved so that these property owners can use the land for commercial use without legal infringements.
How does this benefit the local community?
- Community growth with new shopping and restaurants close by.
- Increased tax for city and schools.
- Traffic increase to be minimal as it is just this one street, 36th in CVG4.
What Do I Need To Do To Support?
If you would like to sign, we would be happy to set up an appointment to come to you or have you come to us! It is 100% free to sign. Contact us by phone or email.
Will I be charged to get my signature notarized?
If you schedule through Woodford CRE or Stewart Title you will not be charged. If you get this done outside of these two companies, you will have to pay a fee. These usually cost about $10.